The Child Policy of the Istituto degli Innocenti
The Istituto degli Innocenti with Resolution of the Board of Directors n. 8 of 02/13/2023 approved the Policy document for the promotion and protection of the rights of girls and boys to promote in the individual and professional practices of its staff standards of behavior capable of concretely implementing the principles established by the UN Convention of 1989, paying particular attention to issues concerning the prevention of all forms of social exclusion and the risk of violence and abuse to the detriment of children and young people.
The adoption of the Policy document allows the promotion and protection of these rights, creating a safe environment capable of preventing harmful situations for girls, boys and adolescents during their involvement in the various areas of activities, projects or programs implemented by the Institute on its own or in collaboration with other organizations and institutions.
The Institute undertakes to ensure:
- vigilance in identifying situations, even potential ones, of risk for children and promptly reporting them to the competent manager, by writing to the email address email@example.com;
- reporting any suspicions or certainties about potential abuse or mistreatment of a child, as set out in this Policy;
- developing and disseminating a culture of openness that allows staff, volunteers, children and their carers to easily raise and discuss all kinds of topics and concerns;
- enhancement of children's skills and abilities, helping them to understand their rights, acceptable and unacceptable behaviors and what to do if a problem arises;
- development of children's participation in all those actions aimed at supporting the development of self-help skills.
The document is available in Italian and English.